South Carolina Railroads - Walterborough & Western Railroad

Acronym

Year Chartered or Incorporated

Year Line Operational

Year Service Ended

Original Starting Point

Original Ending Point

W&W RR

1894

1896

1900*

Walterboro, SC

Ehrhardt, SC

* 1900 - Merged into the Green Pond, Walterborough & Branchville Railroad along with the Green Pond, Walterboro & Branchville Railroad.

In 1887 the Green Pond, Walterboro & Branchville Railroad opened as a short branch of the main line to Walterboro, SC. The Walterborough & Western Railroad continued that line to Ehrhardt in 1896, and the two were merged into the Green Pond, Walterborough & Branchville Railroad in 1900.

From opening, the Plant System operated this line.

Towns on Route:

Walterboro

Stokes (1893)

Ruffin (1893)

Williams (1895)

Colleton (1906)

Lodge (1896)

Ehrhardt



© 2018 - J.D. Lewis - PO Box 1188 - Little River, SC 29566 - All Rights Reserved