I & II - Religious societies and societies for the advancement
of education incoporated:
- Liberty Meeting House;
- Cross Roads Baptist Church in Newberry District;
- Barker's Creek Church;
- Grace Church in Anderson;
- Providence Church of Abbeville District;
- Lebanon Church in Abbeville District;
- Bush River Baptist Church in Newberry District;
- Beth Eden Lutheran Church;
- Goodhope Church in Anderson District;
- Christ Church in Charleston;
- St. Peter's Church in Chesterville;
- Church of the Mediator in the city of Columbia;
- The Young Men's' Christian Association of Charleston;
- The Newberry District Bible Society;
- The Cheraw Academical Society;
- The Claremont Academy;
- Fourth Baptist Church of Charleston;
- Charleston Baptist Association;
- The Saluda Baptist Association;
- The Baptist Church at Bennettsville, and
- The Baptist Church at Salem, in Marlborough District.
III - Charters renewed:
- Baptist Church of Christ at Darlington Court House;
- Elizabeth Baptist Church in Chesterfield District;
- St. Paul's Church of Stono;
- The Charitable Society of Charleston Riflemen;
- The Firemen's Charitable Association of Charleston;
- First Presbyterian Church of Columbia;
- Fairfield Church in Fairfield District;
- Medical College of the State of South Carolina, and
- Wentworth Street Baptist Church in Charleston.
IV - St. Thaddeus' Church at Aiken charter amended.
V - Liberty Meeting House in Abbeville incorporated; Clarisophic
Society charter renewed for fourteen (14) years; State Convention
of the Baptist denomination in South Carolina charter renewed;
Sumterville Baptist Church charter renewed for fourteen (14)
years; and, Baptist Church of Bethel of Claremont charter renewed
for fourteen (14) years.
VI - Trustees of the Smyrna Church and Camp Grounds in Abbeville
District incorporated for twenty (20) years.
VII - The Presbyterian Church of Abbeville incorporated for
fourteen (14) years.
VIII. That this Act is hereby declared to be a Public Act.
In the Senate House, the twenty-first day of December, in
the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and fifty-four,
and in the seventy-ninth year of the sovereignty and independence
of the United States of America.
ROBT. F. W. ALLSTON, President of the Senate.
JAMES SIMONS, Speaker of the House of Representatives.