I & II - Religious societies and societies for the advancement
of education incorporated:
- The Cedar Spring and Lower Long Cane Churches (Associate
Reformed Presbyterian) in Abbeville District;
- The German Evangelical Lutheran Church of Walhalla;
- The Steep Bottom Baptist Church of Saint Peter's Parish;
- The Bethlehem Church in Edgefield District, with the camp ground
- The Evangelical Lutheran Church at Newberry by the name of
- The Independent or Congregational Church of Wappetaw with power
to establish a branch church at Mount Pleasant in Christ Church
- The Baptist Church at Broadmouth in Abbeville District;
- The Methodist Society at Union Camp Ground in Abbeville District;
- The Fairview Methodist Protestant Church in Anderson District;
- The Washington Street Presbyterian Church in Greenville;
- The Townville Baptist Church in Anderson;
- The Hartville Baptist Church in Darlington;
- The Covington* Seminary in Edgefield; and
- The Cokesbury Masonic Female Institute.
III - Charters renewed:
- Black Swamp Baptist Church in Beaufort District;
- Goose Creek Baptist Church in St. James, Goose Creek Parish;
- Protestant Episcopal Church in Greenville; and
- Pendleton Academy.
IV. That this Act is hereby declared to be a Public Act.
In the Senate House, the twentieth day of December, in the
year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and fifty-three,
and in the seventy-eighth year of the sovereignty and independence
of the United States of America.
ROBT. F. W. ALLSTON, President of the Senate.
JAMES SIMONS, Speaker of the House of Representatives.