Orangeburgh District, SC

Evolution of Boundaries - With Known Towns & Villages

The "overarching" Orangeburgh District remained essentially the same size and configuration from inception in 1769 to 1800, when it was abolished.

Its population grew from 18,513 in 1790 to 23,142 in 1800, when it was eliminated and broken into smaller districts (counties).

Click on the maps below to see what the Orangeburgh District looked like from 1769 to 1800, including all of the known towns and villages.

-

1769-1784

1785-1790

1791-1800

-

 


© 2007 - J.D. Lewis - PO Box 1188 - Little River, SC 29566 - All Rights Reserved