Camden District, SC

Evolution of Boundaries - With Known Towns & Villages

The "overarching" Camden District ceded territory to the Pinckney District in 1791 and to the Cheraws District in 1792.

Its population grew from 38,265 in 1790 to 42,693 in 1800, when it was eliminated and broken into smaller districts (counties).

Click on the maps below to see what the Camden District looked like from 1769 to 1800, including all of the known towns and villages.

1769-1784

1785-1790

1791

1792

1793-1800

 


© 2007 - J.D. Lewis - PO Box 1188 - Little River, SC 29566 - All Rights Reserved