In 1734, Bladen Precinct and Onslow Precinct were created
out of New Hanover Precinct. Each sent two representatives to
the House of Burgesses that convened on January 15, 1734/35.
Edgecombe Precinct reduced their number of delegate from five
to two, apparently their sending five representatives earlier
was a significant mistake. On February 6, 1738/39, Tyrrell Precinct
began sending five representatives instead of the two they previously
On March 8, 1738/9, the North Carolina General Assembly renamed
all Precincts to Counties. Although not stated directly in the
Act, it was also acknowledged that the overarching counties of
Albemarle and Bath were abolished at this time.